Sunday, January 4, 2015

Boots

 Ive Been meaning to show you this project from a few days ago.
I took the MAG meet outfit boots and customized them


 They are painted with layers of super concentrated coffee.
 Im really liking the drippy effect.






 Here they are next to the original boots.
 I think they're a bit too shiny so I will try to get my hands on some matte finish mod podge.
 And next to my awesome boots, which I modeled them off of.

What do you think? have you ever done something like this? I encourage you to try it if you don't like the color of your MAG boots.

Gwen

9 comments:

  1. Wow. That's amazing.
    Excellent idea if you have multiple MAG boots! If I ever get another MAG(I hope) I will have to do this.
    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could also try it with a marker I suppose. Or get some sandpaper and distress them.

      The only problem with my way is that they smell like coffee now. : )

      Gwen

      Delete
  2. OMG Gwen those custom boots are just so freakin' amazing. AMAZING. And your boots are cool too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boots are my favorite foot covering in the world!
    My dolls think so too. : )
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! I really like those! They have a unique look to them and its awesome!
    ~Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's amazing what happens when coffee and paintbrushes are combined. I was kinda hoping that the boot material would absorb the coffee, though.

      Gwen

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute, I love that idea! By the way, your new header is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally try it, if you have MAG boots. I'd like to see what everyone would come up with if they were to try it.

      My last header was so simple and I liked it, but I was in the mood for a change and now I'm wondering if it's too busy. But if you like it, it must be good. XD

      Gwen

      Delete

I love getting comments! <3 And sometimes I even remember to reply ;P