Monday, January 19, 2015

A very fine day lazing around the house

 Hey peeps. *sniff* Today I had a bit of a cold. I spent the day lazing around the living room sleeping and reading. *sniff* The cool thing about the living room is that Gwen just recently made it for us. I've grown bored of reading and sleeping for the time being, so I thought I'd show you some of the *sniff* cool stuff.

 Oh yeah. this is the book I was reading. Rooftoppers by Katherine Rundell.

Anyway, Instead of a couch, Gwen made Lilly and I some poufs. As I recall, they are bucket hats that don't fit her anymore.

 The hat part is *sniff * filled with stuffing and the brim is folded underneath and hot glued in place.

 The bookshelf (converse box) looks a tad tacky. Gwen's not done with it yet.

 Lilly got to help decorate the walls.

She made that in art class. Kinda abstract. I like it all right I guess.

She also made this one. I think its a little.... obtrusive. That's a new word I learned. A real one this time. It means noticeable and in-your-face. *sniff*

Below is my contribution to the decorating. The cover for the Foo Fighters' new album Sonic Highways.

 My favorite song is Something From Nothing.
You see the Space Needle up in one corner? And the Hollywood Sign? There are a bunch more places I don't know the name of. Each song was recorded in a different city. There are 8 total.

 A potholder makes a very nice accent rug.

 Lilly was super sweet and brought me some tea.

"Thanks, sis"

"Any time. I need to have some excuse for eating cookies, right?"



So we drank our tea. It helped my sore throat. : )
 My tea looks like Its going to spill. But it didn't. Thats how skilled I am. : D

Have a nice night, everybody!
-Andie

8 comments:

  1. I love this, it's so sweet! :)
    I love the living room, especially the bookshelf and rug. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rug really adds some fun color to such a white room. I think it's my favorite, too.
      -Andie

      Delete
  2. So cute! I really love the living room and all the decorations! :)
    ~Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love!

    Allie D.
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your living room! The bean bags are so cute!
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to make pillows from hats!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! <3 And sometimes I even remember to reply ;P