Monday, December 22, 2014

I made a thing.

Looky what I made!! *shoves sweater in your face*
 I used this tutorial on American Girl Place to make it.
Made from a carhartt sock. Were pretending it's an awesome doll sweater brand.
I had tried originally with one of my dad's socks, but messed it up pretty bad, so I found one of mine that I don't like to wear.
 entirely pullover. no velcro.
 Hand sewn. I have a sewing machine but don't know how to use it. So until I can remember to ask my aunt to help me, I'm hand sewing things.
 Im actually pretty pleased with it.
 Don't tell Lilly, but this is going to be her christmas present. I think it will go fabulously with her blond hair.
feets. : )

Im thinking of trying something. Called "Felt Food Fridays". I am pretty good at making felt doll food, and I'd like to show you how. Ive been feeling like this blog need a like more variety. So you can expect some felt food sometime soon.

Love
 Gwen

9 comments:

  1. LOL, love the title :0)
    I love the look of the sweater! It looks really realistic.
    Hurray for felt food! I've never seen felt food before, it sounds cool.
    - Zoë

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the sweater is really cool! I like how it's a pullover instead of velcro/zipper/buttons. The felt food sounds really cool--I'd love to see how you make it!
    -Ocean AG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous. Felt food is a go, then. It's not complicated to any extent, but quite fun to make. We shall see how it goes on Friday.
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your "thing" looks awesome! I hand sew things a lot also, I always mess up when I use my sewing machine :) I should make one of these for my dolls--they don't have a lot of sweaters and I should probably make one for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweaters are awesome. : ) seeing machines are tough. The last time I used one was a year ago..... I can't wait to see what you come up with in the sweater department!

      Delete
  5. This is so cute!!! You did such a great job, Lilly will look wonderful in it for sure! ^.^ and wow you hand sewed that whole things! Impressive...I get impatient with hand sewing xD it turned out great!!! ♥

    ~M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! : ) yeah, hand sewing just works better for me. I think I impressed myself also because my sewing endeavors rarely turn out presentable. X D
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is sooo cute and I'm soo glad you tried my tutorial! Man, I can't believe you sewed it by hand! I would get too tired and frustrated if I sewed everything by hand! You did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sew by hand. My mom has a sewing machine, but I don't know how to use it.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! <3 And sometimes I even remember to reply ;P