Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pointless Ponderings

In which I write down random thoughts that float through my brain or things that happened recently.

I like fruit. I should remind mom to get some fruit. Mmmm strawberries. And stamps. We need stamps.
Image result for strawberry wallpaper


I tried curling my hair last night and in the morning it looked like a hexagonal ball of lint on my head. My hair has some natural curl to it and it's very thick so I hate having it on my neck. And pony tails are nice for getting it off my neck, but when I take them out they give me Dave Grohl hair. (At least that's what dad says)
I kind of want to get it cut again.

I discovered mice in my closet. They ate my snickers bar, chewed a hole in my favorite sweater, and pooped all over the place. I spent a lot of time getting everything out of the drawers and cleaning up. And dad washed a lot of the clothes with bleach, so now the colors are messed up.
We put poison under the dresser. REVENGE IS MINE.
But when I found a dead mouse in the hall I discovered that revenge is not at all as sweet as it's cracked up to be.
*shudders*

I got some of the free Pixie Faire patterns and made a t shirt. It's really tedious because I still can't make my sewing machine sew, so everything is hand sewn.

NEWS FLASH:
Last week I finally bought #58!!!!!!!!!!!¡¡¡ <---- the exclamation marks are so happy they're doing head stands.
She should be here on Friday. Let us pray to the gods of shipping (and handling?) that this is true. XD
So ever since I wanted her (last August) I've been thinking I'd name her Parker.
But now I don't knowwwwww!
Do you have any suggestions? I have this list that I use for Izzy's (forever love dolls) Name Game
Potential doll names:
Esme
Erin
Archer
Xylan
Aisling
Kiri
Audrey
Rylan
Kellyn
Ivy
Parker
Basil 
Sarah Wednesday 
Indie
Reason
Zuri- beautiful in Swahili 
Kaimana- powerful ocean in Hawaiian
Zola- calm in Zulu 

Elemental names
Ocean
Misty
Mica
Hazel (nut?)
Fern
River
Sky 
Meadow
Rainy 
Yuzuki- moon
Mizuki-beautiful moon
Sequoia
Of course, this is just my whole list. not all of them would fit her.
NOT MY PICTURE! Found here: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/okore/media/mara.jpg.html

Suggestions of your own?
I might know right when I take her out if the box. It was like that with Andie. She was named before I even got out of Aunt Tiffany's car.
Then again, she was named Rachel back then. And lilly was named Cadence for about two seconds.

So now I am overly excited and have two days to go before I can reasonably check the post office.

~Gwen

19 comments:

  1. I feel ya about the hair :P. Mine is really thick, too, and I hate having it down because it feels like my head is being suffocated. I repeat, :P.
    I LOVE THE NEW COMMENT BOX NOTE IT IS JUST PERFECT LIKE YASH :D.
    I vote 1) Ocean, 2) Parker, 3) Archer. Perhaps, if you are stuck between two names, you could make one her middle and one her first name. Or make one her middle, one last, and one a nickname. Like in To Kill a Mockingbird, Scout's real name is Jean Louise, but she goes by Scout. So like Parker Archer whose nickname is Ocean. Or maybe make one her middle, one her first, and one her last name, because some of those up there could really be last names, too. Or something of the sort. Idk what I'm saying anymore.

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SAYING ANYMORE!
      Ah ha ha.
      Yup good idea. That's what happened with Hadley something or other, conquer of navel oranges, isn't it?
      I read To Kill A Mockingbird! Though I can't remember how I liked it. I just like knowing that people read the same books as me.

      Gwen

      Delete
  2. I LOVE #58! Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to give you pictures to look at! When will Friday COME???? Ugh.

      Delete
  3. I like the names Rylan and Hazelnut.
    <3Bella
    mydolldays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeks mice! I sympathize with thee greatly.
    About names....hmmm.
    I love naming dolls and naming things in general(I have named my room, a step in our house...you get the idea.)
    My ideas....
    *Janine
    *Jacinta
    *Hazel(without the nut) *cough*
    *Lise
    *Emalline
    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mice are awful. X (
      Ooh- I like jacinta and emmaline!

      Delete
    2. Oh and I randomly thought of Opal. You can never have to many possibilities, non? Or does that make it harder....
      ~Kathryn

      Delete
  5. SO EXCITED FOR YOU! #58 sure is a cutie. ^_^
    Hmm...I really like the names River and Xylan for her, for some reason they seemed to suit her really well in my mind. Whatever you choose to name her will undoubtedly be perfect, though. ;) one more day!

    -m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GUESS WHAT IT's Friday now and she's heeeeere! I'm liking Xylan and Rylan right now.

      Delete
  6. Finally, someone with the same hair problem as me! :) Seriously though, mine won't curl. Like, at all.
    YES #58 SHE'S SO AWESOME AND UNIQUE I WANT HER BUT PROBABLY WILL NOT GET HER I'M GOING TO STOP TYPING IN ALL CAPS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *clears throat obnoxiously*
    My name suggestions:
    1) Zoë (can also be spelled different ways)
    2) Zuri
    3) Archer
    4) Erin
    5) River
    Can't wait to see pictures of her! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE ALL CAPS SO IT'S OK.
      I think if I ever got #61 I would name her Erin.

      Delete
  7. LOVE the new blog design :) :) :) I can't wait to see your new doll. Thanks for mentioning me by the way! So on to the names. Here are some suggestions from your list and the one I keep in my mind.

    Yours:
    Zuri
    Sequoia
    Xylan
    Indie
    Reason

    Mine:
    Anikka
    Hastings
    Heartly
    Tibeta
    Mara
    Evalisa

    (by the way, I love how all of your name suggestions are so unique. Power to the unusual names!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm adding your suggested names to my list of names to use on the Name Game, 'k? : )
      Unique names are good for making a memorable doll. And it will describe their personality in one word. Like "aster" I always think of a whispy girl with white blond hair who likes stargazing (cause aster means star) and she would probably dress in dark blue. For Hastings I imagine a Laura ingalls wilder style girl (merely because if the bit about hasty pudding)
      Hmm. Maybe I was wrong about the personality thing. I seem to be describing looks.
      Whatever.
      But yes, power to the unusual names!

      Delete
  8. Hiya Gwen! I think you should go with Indie!!

    shinenelevate.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your background, especially the tealish color! And the comment box message is so funny! (Referencing the About Me) I love moonlight shiningg through my window and yoga too.
    I love fruit, especially grape fruit. Strawberries are good too. And I love apples and bananas...I could talk about fruit for an hour.
    I've been wanting #58 for while. Even more now that there is a rumor she's being retired. I love her curly hair. My best friend is African American and she has really pretty straight but short hair. I wish Ag made a doll like her.
    I love the names you picked out. I always come up with super boring names for my dolls like "Joy" and "Brigit". Same with character in stories. Your names are really original and I will be referencing them as I write a story.
    I like these the most for #58
    Basil
    Sarah Wednesday
    Misty
    Rainy
    River
    ~Emily


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. : ) Im pretty pleased with it- I spent a good chunk of last weekend trying to figure out bits of HTML. For all that, I only changed the post background to transparent and centered the header (which is STILL blurry!) And then it was very hard to draw my self and paint it. But I do these things for fun, I suppose, and it just looks so pretty now. Probably because if the purple and green.
      So thank you, dear Emily, for noticing. XD
      Ok, that sounds great! I'd love for you to find personalities for my big long list of names! Oh boy I'm getting excited now.
      AND YEA YOU SHOULD TOTALLY GET NUMBER 58 BECAUSE SHE CAME YESTERDAY AND IS SO AWESOME! *pant pant pant* ANS SHE NEEDS AN INTERNET TWINSIE! And her hair is so curly and fabulous oh my gosh.

      Delete

I love getting comments! <3 And sometimes I even remember to reply ;P