Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Lilly's Adventures in the Kitchen

Ok, Gwyn. Tell them about how I made Peppermint Bark! I'll tell you what to write.
Got it.
 Hello and welcome to cooking with Lilly! Today I will show you how to make peppermint bark! Sorry the kitchen light is not at all flattering on me. *flips hair*

 For this project, you will need a big pan with parchment paper in the bottom.
Gwyn, your foot is in the photo. Can you get it out? No, don't write that! 
Sorry. *glares at me*
 You will also need chocolate chips- normal and white. You will not, however, need Gwyn's feet. *continues to glare*
 Candy canes will be crushed on top of the candy
I can't believe she forgot to mention peppermint bark is candy. She loves candy! Stop interrupting my post!!

 Empty all the chocolate chips into a bowl

 And stick it in the microwave for two minutes. At the end of two minutes, they will not look melted, just shiny. Stir them with a fork.
 Use a spatula to spatula to get it out of the bowl and into the pan. Spread it around. If you don't go off the paper, you won't have to wash the pan when you're done!
 Lick the spatula. ALWAYS lick the spatula.

You will want the chocolate to be firm-ish when you put on the white chocolate, so put it in the fridge for a bit.
 While you are waiting for the chocolate to get firm ish, stay unwrapping the candy canes. You will only need 6 or 7.
I got a big box because I like candy canes so much.


 The best way to crush the candy canes is by jumping on them. 
Actually, she got tired and I had to use a hammer on them.
Did not!
Here is what we mean by not really looking melted.
Yup! Take the chocolate out of the fridge and put the white chocolate chips in the microwave for two minutes, just like the normal chocolate.
Spread the white on top of the normal. If the normal chocolate didn't get cool enough, there will be swirls in the white. Don't lick the spatula. White chocolate is gross.
 Now you get to sprinkle the candy cane carnage on top of the chocolate!
Woah. Why is it so fuzzy?
I wasn't being careful with the camera.
Be more careful next time.
'K.
Now you can stick it back in the fridge until it gets cold and hard.


When its cold and hard, break it into little bits and display it someway christmasy. Really though, eating it is your best bet. XD


With much love and doll enthusiasm,
Gwynefar

4 comments:

  1. Awwww, this is so cute and funny! I really enjoyed reading it! That peppermint bark looks sooooo yummy! :)
    Haha! Yes, ALWAYS lick the spatula!!! ;)
    ~Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! Yes,I discovered it works very well when my dolls talk on here. : ) I amuse myself.
    Gwynefar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peppermint bark is my favorite ever! Lilly strongly suggests you use her recipie and try it. : )

      Delete
  3. I've never had Peppermint Bark but I'm seriously craving some after these pictures. It looks delicious and pretty easy to make. I definitely want to try it out.=)
    ~Adi

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! <3 And sometimes I even remember to reply ;P