Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Echinacea!

She is finished! My beautiful dryad girl!

I don't have that much to say except LOOOKIEEEEEEE!


I wound up not taking process photos of the flower crown and skirt ferns. If you're really curious, I'll just tell you. If you're not curious, suffer. I cut up a green t shirt into strips and stretched it out to the edges curled in on themselves n wouldn't fray. Then I sewed 3 strips together at one end, braided them until they were long enough to go around the doll's head, and sewed the free ends and the bound ends together.

Then I dug through my box of fake flowers from when flower crowns were a trend in 2014, and found small ones, and poked them in between the strands of the braid, dabbing a little tacky glue on the backside where the stem poked out. When the glue was dry I trimmed the stems. It was pretty genius, I say.

And the skirt ferns came from that same box, but I poked their stems in between the brown stitches where I sewed on the waistband. Nothing really keeping them there but tension. Hope they stay.

In other terrific dolly news, I visited an old boss/teacher/friend of mine after several years of not seeing her, and I was telling her about all my art projects, including the Echinacea project, and she revealed that she collects AG dolls too! She couldn't take me inside to show me her collection cause covid, but she sent me pictures later. Do you know how rare it is to meet another doll lover in real life? Super rare. I think she's the first one, actually, other than my younger cousin who got me into them in the first place. Do you know how rare it is to meet an AG doll lover older than my parents? Super duper rare! And of course she's indoctrinating her new granddaughter into AG with a Bitty Baby.

3 comments:

  1. Girl, SHE IS SO CUTE!! AAAAHHHHHH IM HYPERVENTILATING SHE’S SO BEAUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so pretty. I love that you made her into a dryad.
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! <3 And sometimes I even remember to reply ;P