Friday, August 5, 2016

I would walk 2 barefoot miles and I would walk 2 barefoot more just to BE the man who walked 4 painful MILES to have 5 blisters (at your door)

I made a series of poor choices yesterday that eventually led to me getting squirted in the face with body fluid this morning.

Poor choice #1: Staying up until 2, partly because I am bad at sleeping, partly because working at the planetarium messes with my sleep scedule. (Had our first star party on tuesday).

Poor choice #2: Putting on flip flops instead of normal shoes to go for a walk with my family. I was too tired to put on normal shoes, as explained in poor choice #1.

Poor choice #3: Taking off said flip flops to walk barefoot on the pavement. I wanted to strengthen my hobbit feet. Which, evidently, I do not have.

Poor choice #4: Overestimating the strength of my feet. Mom kept asking me: "Do you want to turn around? Can your feet handle this?" I kept saying, "Yeah, we can keep going, it doesnt matter."
Well it did matter.

So I walked 2 miles barefoot over pavement, and it wasn't until then that I realized I had awful blisters forming on my feet. I didn't walk 2 miles back. Cole and dad had brought their skateboards, so i sat cross legged on the skateboard and put my hands in my flip flops to push myself back.

Also, by brother has been into My Chemical Romance lately, so If you can imagine me, long legs folded up across a skateboard, pushing myself along with hands covered in flip flops, singing Teenagers, then you are doing an awful good job of imagining.

When that was all finished, I had 5 very large blisters total and could not walk worth refried beans. I would show you pictures, but you probably did not wake up this morning and think " Wow! I really need to see giant blisters on the bottom of someone's dirty feet!"
Unless you are a foot doctor, in which case, congratulations.

BUT NOW HERE'S THE BEST PART! This morning I decided to sterilize a sewing needle and just pop the blisters. So i had one foot on my other knee bent around where i could see it, and it stuck the needle through the skin (it didn't hurt at all) AND BLISTER FLUID CAME SQUIRTING OUT AT MY FACE!

I know I gave away the thrilling conclusion at the top of this post, but still. It was wild.

7 comments:

  1. Wow. That sounds like quite the adventure. I know the pain of walking a long time in flip flops because for some reason I always think it's a good idea to walk home from the pool. It's pretty cool that you work at a planetarium, though.

    Bridgette | A Bit of This and That

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I work at a planetarium and observatory. I help teach school groups how to use telescopes and get them excited about space in general. Also i am trying to learn astrophotography. I have a few detailed posts on this from last summer if you want to be excited with me, but i dont want to find them right now.

      Delete
  2. OMG. ARE YOU OKAY. PLS DON'T DIE ON ME AGH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am ok! Everything is much easier now that i have popped them!

      Delete
  3. That was interesting at best.
    It was disgusting at worst.
    But oh well, you're Gwen. We have all learned to expect this kind of thing.
    -Tenley and The Sunshine Dollies
    P.S: Mini Gwen would like to inform you that she would rather have blister juice in her face than having her nose broken as it currently is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That made me laugh. Do you think i should tone it down?
      A broken nose probably hurts worse than trying to walk around with blisters.

      Delete
    2. Nah, don't tone it down. You'd lose your signature shock factor.

      Delete

I love getting comments! <3 And sometimes I even remember to reply ;P