Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Pie is always bittersweet

Berry pie is bitter and sweet at the same time, and I've never quite been satisfied with it. Pumpkin pie is all right, though.
On Friday I spent around 4 hours sitting on the floor with Donald (the local fanboy) and Colton (of the hive mind). It was Donald's last day of school before he went to Alaska, and our last full day of school. Someone who has poor schedule making skills decided the end of the year should have two half days. The spanish teacher was holding a fiesta in her classroom, so we skipped nearly every period to chill on the floor and eat enchiladas.

I am not used to having friends, or talking to people for so long. I had fun with it. You know what else I had fun with? Literary Arts Night, where I got up in front of everybody to read Petty Conversations For The Weak Minded. The spotlight was bright enough that I couldn't see anyone, only a sea of black in front of me, but I think I did fine because everyone laughed in the right places. 
I changed a bit from the last time you all read it, I had added "moist" as a pet peeve and leaned in close to the mic, saying "moist" in the creepiest voice I own. The audience lost it!

Look at me! I have friends* and can speak in front of crowds of people! Character development! (Or maybe I've always been able to do that, but now that I've had some specific examples fresh in my mind, my self perception has changed.) 
* I mean, I've always had friends, but I've never been able to keep them for more than 180 days, and I feel like Im actually going to miss Donald and my Hive Mind.


Take a look at this picture. Look at warm sunlight on soft blankets. 
Think up some happy thoughts for yourself. If happy thoughts won't come, neutral thoughts are ok. Or no thoughts at all. Just gaze blankly at it, idk, blank gazing is something I do all the time. If your brain is functioning like you want it to, try imagining yourself as a little teeny bug crawling over the wrinkles in the sheets. What would it look like from that perspective?

For my birthday I got a dragon that disapproves.
Of what does this dragon disapprove? Probably my attitude, most of the time.



Looking at this blog again, I realize that my header is not centered and it is fuzzy. This is unacceptable. I intend to fix that soon, and maybe even draw a new blueberry for it. That blueberry with t rex arms is a good person. They really try their best. It's not easy to be a fruit with reptile appendages.
Hey! maybe that'll be my next post! I'll make a backstory for my little blueberry. And make a comic for it, hopefully better than the one I did for Ellie's dream. My drawing skills have improved since then!

I can't really tell what's supposed to be in focus here. Just do me a favor and appreciate the colors.


I am experiencing a very strong urge to put words on here, to spill out all of my thoughts, but for some reason my brain is empty. I used to be good at blogging (or so I like to believe) but I had some problems in January and I haven't been able to find my groove since. I am trying. Not very hard, but that'll change soon.
I also intend to answer your comments and actually comment on your guys's blogs! I haven't been able to concentrate enough to do that consistently for several months, so after I post this you can expect to hear form me.



4 comments:

  1. THE ROSE MY HEART ITS SO PRETTY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, your photography is so pretty! I like the designs you made with the flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gwen, I need some mini-Gwen advice, if you're not too busy. I'll email you, please check for it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I'll just ask here. What would you say if you were being interviewed to go to Disney World? To clarify, this would be your chance to go to Disney World for free. What would you say to convince me that you should go rather than others? Would you even want to go? I'm doing a post where all the dolls are trying to convince me on why they should go with me on my vacation. Please get back to me soon, Gwen!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! <3 And sometimes I even remember to reply ;P