Thursday, March 17, 2016

Rylan and a galaxy

Today I went on an adventure and brought the reflector outside! That's right- outside. Out in the natural light and the grass and the wind. The wind decided it would like to knock the reflector and Rylan over. We had a few words. And by we, I mean I, having a one-sided conversation with natural forces. Mostly I said things like "Jesus Christ, man. You need to stop!" This was a rather ineffective way to communicate with the wind, because:
  • the wind is not a sentient being that can respond to vocal commands
  • the wind is not a man
  • the wind is impartial to things like jesus christ
Rylan rolled her eyes at me as I tried to commune with the wind, and was subsequently blown over. Perhaps if she has tried to speak to the wind as well, we wouldn't have had these difficulties.




The majority of these photos (Majority as in all the ones I took. Only these two were worthy of being displayed.) were done with the shiny gold side of the reflector. Inside, I use the flash facing backwards and the white side of the reflector, so it looks like light from a cloudy day coming though a remarkably well placed window. (At least that's what I'm going for most of the time. Do you guys feel it?) Having the shiny gold reflector facing up pointing sunset at Rylan's face doesn't look entirely natural, but at least it looks cool.

And here's a thing that has been made since I got the Recent Attempts at Art post up: I tried my hand at doing a water color painting of a nebula. I was less than pleased with how it turned out. But that's ok, because it was only my first try. Here's the iPhone picture:
I had edited it to see if I could make it look cooler than it really was (on paper in the dim light of my bedroom it looks brown and faded. ick) It's sort of cool what you can do with just a little iPhone editor. But it still doesn't look space-y.

But THIS! This looks space-y! I took a picture with the big camera and edited it on the computer, this time remembering mess with the black point, which made it dark and lovely. (And closer to the original colors. I don't know how the iPhone one got so orange.)

See you all soon! Hopefully. I've gotten better at posting often.

4 comments:

  1. Love your art!! Lol I wanna try some kind of painting or drawing but not even joking kindergarten children could draw better than me! Also I love Rylan's top! Where's it from? Did you make it? :D
    -Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is so spacey and i love it. i wish i could draw and paint.

    we're going to be start astronomy in science soon and i can't wait. my friend knows everything about space so it's going to be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ASTRONOMY EMILY YOU LUCKY DUCK. I want to do astronomy. Sounds much more interesting than phagocytosis.

      Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

      Delete
  3. ACK THOSE PHOTOS. *dies*

    *comes back to life*

    It's how I feel with the wind, I just randomly cuss at it. xD

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! <3 And sometimes I even remember to reply ;P