Wednesday, July 1, 2015

The Egg

Remember this girl?
The one who is a forest spirit?
Her name does not translate into English well*, but I need some way to reffer to her other than "the forest spirit". So I gave her a boring english name that we can pronounce and remember. Now she is known as Morgan. 
Anyway, Morgan was sitting in her favorite maple tree pondering various aspects of the universe (is the universe expanding? Where did the mythical creatures of old go? Would it be nice to have someone to talk to? Do Gwen's photos look grainy?*). She was talking to the maple tree about most of these things and was getting nowhere. Both of them were fairly young, and therefore inexperienced. It would be better to talk to the Old Trees, but there were only a few of them left who Remembered.



That aside, they were having a very nice discussion, which was interrupted when Morgan detected a presence beneath the maple. So she climes down to investigate, for it was a very different presence than that of s squirrel's.

In one of the old knots that had formed it'self a little cave of sorts, there was a pile of leaves, and beneath them was a roundish object. Blue-y white in color, except when held up to the light.

It was an egg.

*Her name is more of a feeling. Like being alone in a forest by the sea, hearing the waves, smelling the salt and pine needles, and watching the fog roll by. There's no one word for that.
*She wasn't actually pondering that. I'm pondering that.

Gwen


8 comments:

  1. Morgan is so dang pretty. Oh goodness.
    No your pictures aren't grainy. ;)

    ~Watermelon

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH GWEN.
    OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS.
    OH MY GOD YOU'RE AN AMAZING WRITER.
    OH.
    MY.
    GOD.

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morgan is so pretty!

    I AGREE WITH ELLIE! YOU ARE AN AMAZING WRITER!

    No, your photos aren't grainy.

    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love this. The name, I mean... the whole "being alone in a forest by the sea, smelling the salt and pine needles, watching the fog roll by". I wish that I could be in a forest by the sea right now.
    What you could do, is find one name for each word: a name that means forest, a name that means ocean, a name that means pine trees, etc. She'd have a very long name, but she deserves one, doesn't she? :) By the way, my name means "girl of the forest".

    ~Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was camping with my family in Oregon when I found that feeling. I wish there was one word for that, but I haven't found it yet.
      That's cool! I didn't know that about your name.

      Delete
    2. That's awesome! Maybe someday I can go to Oregon and feel that special feeling. :)

      Delete

I love getting comments! <3 And sometimes I even remember to reply ;P