Monday, July 13, 2015

night

I wish
The night would wrap me up
So tightly
In a blanket of stars.
I would gaze at the moon
And smell the nighttime breeze
And hear the hooting of owls.
From beneath my comforter 
Of midnight blue velvet
And fairy dust,
Or scattered diamonds
I'd drift away
Into the cool stillness of the night.


But instead I am here, typing on my phone, attempting to be poetic. It's all right, I guess, but puting feelings into words is difficult.
It's 12:30 right now, but by the time any of you read this, it will be morning and my midnight musings fueled by lack of sleep will be long gone.
I hope to get a doll post up soon, but my brother decided to move all his stuff into the doll room while he paints. He didn't even bother to clean up first. He's just shoveling piles of junk into my workspace. 
It's making me feel cluttered and cramped.
I need to clean my room, organize, purge, maybe even paint furniture. Generally I'm ok with living in my own filth, but every once in a while the need to clean strikes.
I want simplicity, straight lines, light colors, big picture views on things. Things that can not be attained from just a room-cleaning. But it's a start. 
I almost got my desk all organized yesterday, and today I sanded all the icky orange varnishy stuff off my dresser to get it ready to paint.
What I really want is to go to a museum. They have wide open space and the simplicity and the quiet I need.


You guys it's raining.
It's been months.
It was only for a few minutes, but you have no idea how much I love that sound.


Gwen



9 comments:

  1. Wow very poetic at the start Gwen! I can't be poetic even if I tried :-) Right now it's 11.08pm for me, i have no idea why I was checking my feed. I wasn't very tired. Also I like museums too :) They are quiet and peaceful and you can just learn in your own time about different things!
    Have a good night :-)
    -Lydia
    http://dollyfernfriends.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that to. There are never any night posts, but I check anyway.

      Delete
  2. Haha, I often write stuff like this at night when I'm struggling to sleep or whatever.
    Although with mine, I look at it the next morning wondering what on earth I was thinking to write something so stupid that made such little sense xD
    But yours is wonderful, my friend, so don't worry :)
    I hope you sleep well (It's 9:10 here).
    ~Jessi xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it's morning now and I'm probably going to start hating it in a few minutes. But I guess we have to make mistakes before we can create anything purely fabulous. This is a fairly good place to post half baked ideas and amateur poetry.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. ALSO I HAVE JUST FINISHED WATCHING HARRY POTTER AND I WISH NOW TO PROCEED TO DIVE STRAIGHT INTO THE FANDOM. WHERE MUST I GO TO START IMMERSING MYSELF IN THE INTERNET PORTION OF THIS FANDOM? WHAT ARE YOUR PREFERRED SITES AND RESOURCES?
      I'll stop typing in caps now.

      - Ellie

      Delete
    2. Pintrest, tumblr, EVERYWHERE.
      Mostly Pinterest, I think. They have got interviews, headcannons, fanart, inspirational quotes and all that compiled in one spot.

      Delete

I love getting comments! <3 And sometimes I even remember to reply ;P